This meetup has been in the pipeline for a while and I’m glad to finally announce the kick-off for the NYC edition of the Token Engineering community meetup. We at Paperchain are very interested in exploring token models that can shift paradigms of data, commerce and services.
Our first event is on July 10th. Speakers will be Qiao Wang (messari.io), Ryan John King (foam.space), and Doug Petkanics (livepeer.org).
If you’re a blockchain developer and interested in participating, you can sign up for the first event here. Spaces are strictly limited.
Designing decentralized networks is not easy and the cryptocurrency and blockchain ecosystem is growing rapidly. There is an ever-increasing arsenal of token designs, protocols, toolkits, and best practices available to builders and architects. Synthesizing these concepts into practice is something desperately needed by the community.
Engineering and science are complementary research areas where engineering is about building things that work; science is about contributing new knowledge. Token engineering is complementary to the science of crypto-economics and token economics.
The goal of Token Engineering NYC is to foster a community and an ecosystem for individuals working on decentralized technologies. It will also provide an opportunity to collaborate, deep-dive and contribute to the ever-growing Token Engineering knowledge base. This community is for anyone looking to explore and expand their knowledge in these new areas of technology and economics.
Token Engineering meetups are now happening regularly in Berlin, London, Cape Town, and Zurich, with new city groups starting up each week.
This meetup is not a place for promoting ICOs or cryptocurrency investment tactics.
Presenters are only allowed to speak on the underlying model and protocol of their cryptocurrency or token and a callout if they are looking for tech talent.
- Access the Token Engineering Wiki - http://tokenengineering.net/
- Token Engineering NYC Meetup - https://www.meetup.com/Token-Engineering-new-york-city
- Telegram - https://t.me/TokenEngineeringNYC
- 5 minute introduction
- Community intro, updates and overview of the event
- 10 minute keynote presentation ( theme specific )
- Sets the theme / topic of the evening
- 2 x 10 - 15 minute presentations
- Speakers will present a paper, study, theory, concept, framework, or protocol that they are working on and discuss their design, desired outcomes, challenges and lessons learned.
- 30 minute deep dive workshop
- Meetup will break into two groups (1 for each speaker presentation) where there will be a whiteboard session to discuss the challenges and opportunities for the project.
- The goal of the whiteboard session is to explore the token engineering aspects of the project, optimize its design and concepts and contribute to the token engineering knowledge base.
If you’re interested in speaking, sponsoring or providing venue space please email me at rahul[at]paperchain[dot]io. We are especially committed to ensuring a diverse presenter group and highly encourage women, non-cisgender and those who identify as part of the LGBTQIA community to speak.
Thanks to the jedi, Trent McConaghy of Ocean & BigChain, for sparking this movement.